HTML5 Input Types
The thirteen new HTML5 input types are listed below along with a short description of each; if the browser cannot detect the input type, it automatically falls back to a regular text field.
• Color: Allows you to select a color from a color picker dialog box or window.
• Date: Allows the user to select a date and includes a dropdown calendar picker.
• Datetime: The user can define a date and time with the time zone set to UTC.
• Datetime-local: The user can enter a date and time with no time zone also provides a calendar dropdown.
• Email: Enter either a single email address or a list of email addresses which is automatically validated.
• Month: Allows entering a date with a month and a year, but no time zone, also provides a calendar dropdown.
• Number: Used for input fields that should contain a numerical value.
• Range: Allows the user to enter numerical input that should contain a value from a range of numbers.
• Search: Defines a search field that the user can enter query text
• Tel: Defines a field where a user can enter a telephone number.
• Time: Allows the user to select a time value with hour, minute, seconds, and fractional seconds, but no time zone.
• Url: Allows the user to enter a single URL address which is also automatically validated upon form submittal
• Week: Allows the user to select a week and a year, but no time zone, also provides a calendar dropdown.